Who Are House Sitters? Now that you know a little bit about how us and how we started house sitting you might be wondering about other house sitters and who they are. The answers to these kinds of questions are as numerous as the number of house sits out there but here’s a few of the people we have come across.
• Having years of life experience and hopefully a good retirement plan, retirees make great house sitters.
• Coming in all ages, the location independents are filling in more and more house sits. What makes them so desirable? They take their jobs with them.
• Freelancers are another group of people who have made their way into the house sitting market. Much like the location independents, they take their jobs with them, but their workloads might be a bit more sporadic.
• Professionals. Yep. Some people are just professional house sitters. They charge a fee for their service and make it their J.O.B.
• Hiatus, sabbaticals and extended vacationers. These people have a little more time to play with and can often be found house sitting.
We named just a few but we would love to hear from you. If you are making your way around in a unique way, or know someone who is, tell us how they do it in the comments below! If you have someone who wants to start house sitting, please pass this information along.
Stay tuned for more posts on our How to Start House Sitting blog series to find out what qualifications you need to be a house sitter and how to choose the right sit.